Monday, April 30, 2012

Zambia Quick Hits

Thankfully, we can go into town to get internet once a week here, but since it is SOO slow I am just going to write a really short blog.

The bus ride out here was brutal. 52 hours long which spanned two nights of me getting maybe 4 hours of sleep total. But thankfully, we made it!

This is the first time in my life that I don't have access to food 24/7. It's actually been kinda brutal. I have been very tired all week. Probably a mix of eating a lot less than normal, eating no sugar, and being out in the hot sun all day. At least I'm getting tan!

I've been able to run every morning which is a huge blessing! Thankfully, I haven't seen any dangerous animals although we have had some minor problems with crocodiles and hippos near our village. I get to see the sun rise every morning during my run, and no matter how hard I try, I can't get the opening song of Lion King out of my head.

There aren't any mirrors in the village. So today was pretty exciting getting to see my face again after 8 days.

This week we just mainly walked to different villages to start building relationships with people. This next week we are hoping to do the same thing, and hopefully be able to get some small Bible studies started up.

God's grace has been so apparent to me. This week could have very easily been miserable. Even though it was pretty tough, I am just blown away at how God gave me so many awesome blessings. For example, we ate a lot of rice this week. Although it's very plain, I swear that the Lord gave me different taste buds this week because it tasted almost like ice cream to me! And every night was so great as well. As a team we sat around a fire under the brightest stars I have ever seen and just talked and sang some worship songs. So awesome.

1 comment:

  1. dan, we love you! we're so proud of you! look forward to hearing more about your adventures.

    ReplyDelete